Buyer Exposure Policy (BEP)
Export Credit Insurance for Exporter
The Buyer Exposure Policy is to insure exporters having a large number of shipments to a particular buyer with simplified procedure and rationalized premium. An exporter can choose to obtain exposure based cover on a selected buyer. The cover would be against commercial and political risks. The option to exclude L/C shipment is available. If L/C shipment has been opted for commercial and political risks cover, failure of L/C opening bank with World Rank upto 25000 as per latest Banker’s Almanac is available. If exporter opts for only political risks, premium at lesser rate is offered.
Period of Policy : 12 months
- Commercial Risk / Buyer Risk
- Political Risk
- L/C Opening Bank Risk
Percentage of Cover: 90% for Standard Policyholders and 80% for others.
Important Obligations of the Exporter:
- Processing fee of Rs.2000/- (non-refundable) is payable.
- Upfront premium payment in full on the Loss Limit.
- Obtaining prior approval for extending the due date of payment of the export bill where the total credit period of realization exceeds180 days.
- Notifying/Declaration of payments for bills that have remained unpaid beyond 30 days from its due date of payment, by the 15th of the subsequent month.
- Filing of claim within 360 days from the due date of the export bill or 540 days from expiry date of the Policy Cover whichever is earlier.
- Initiating recovery steps including legal action.
- Sharing of recovery
- Protection is available upto the Loss Limit approved on the buyer under the Policy.
- Premium is payable only on the Loss Limit approved on the buyer, irrespective of the shipments effected to the buyer.
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) of 5% subject to non claim, upto a maximum of 50%.
- Declaration procedure waived.
- Separate Policy per buyer.
- Selective buyer can be insured.
Single Buyer Multi Buyer
To download the proposal form for SBEP, Click here.
To download the proposal form for MBEP, Click here.
To download the policy document for MBEP – FC, Click here.
Click here to view product bond.
Click here for list of Frequently Asked Questions on Buyer Exposure Policies